Monday, August 31, 2009

2nd post

So now almost two weeks have gone by and it has been a rough, in a good way. There have been very few boring days and I must express my gratitude to everyone for really helping make these first weeks great. I thought I would give a small background to why I am here in Madison. I am here on a Brittingham Viking Organization scholarship. The organization rewards scholarships to students at the University of Wisconsin-Madison to study in Fennoscandia and vice versa. So I will be studying this entire year in Madison!





For the most part the days have been filled with getting to know new people and seeing new places. I must say that, over the past two weeks, I have come to love this city already. It is the perfect size, big enough so that there will always be things to do, but small enough so that people are still friendly and everything is easily accessible and it is located right between two lakes.



Pete was trying to take a picture of me and the Capitol Building but some homeless dude wanted to sell me a bus pass


We were supposed to go sailing but it was to windy so we (from left: Brad, Me, Pete and Louise) just had Mimosas by the lake all afternoon in stead



Many days have not gone by without us playing the magical game of beer pong. The Scandinavians have really surprised the local with some good games but we're still not consistent enough... (Me and Dustin playing, ed. note: he is not Scandinavian)

Last Saturday we hosted what was hopefully the first of many Viking dinners at the Viking House. After a slow start the party really got going and everybody seemed to be having a good time. Present were Vikings who have not yet been on there scholarship experience, vikings that are on it now and vikings from previous years, so it was a very good mix of old and new.





School will start this Wednesday and I am really looking forward to that almost as much as to the first American football game on Saturday, GO BADGERS

Until next time,
/Patrik

1 comment:

  1. helloo duuude! mer uppdatering nu idag efter skolan när du äntligen har egen dator! :) puusss

    ReplyDelete